Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wifi at Micasa

I am quite busy as of this moment, since i have been coming back and forth in Kuala Lumpur for 3 weeks now. Micasa Hotel is quite a challenging project for a wireless hotspot, considering that it has very thick walls, double layer doors and marble corridors. I have done several signal test, with all the access points placed in the lobby area, and the maximum signal I can get is 60 percent inside the room. Well, this value is quite enough for a stable internet access as long the signal is not intermittent. I have use Netstumbler and WirelessMon from Passmark in getting all the parameters and information I need. Hopefully, my management will approve my request for a license on Airmagnet Survey Pro, which I think is more powerful and accurate for a wireless site survey.

Fortunately, I have the freeware WireShark to help me in doing the packet analysis for the wifi packets transmitting between the AP's and my laptop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi jericho! WOW! as WOW! jud! ur one hell of a big guy now ha..mrag dli naka ma reach, high above sky scraper najud by...

i just read ur blogs and she's still in ur thoughts no matter how far...

just let me know if ur singing in her wedding day, i dont have much info about her or them now..

okies..take care (lucky plaza huh!)

Anonymous said...

hehehe